[klaatumail] A/D Converters

  • From: "Eric" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Klaatu List" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:59:09 -0600

I'm looking to transfer a bunch of my old cassettes (stereo & multi-track)
to digital and want something better than the normal PC input. My preference
would be something USB based, so that I can use it with my desktop or
laptop.

I've tried a Behringer UCA202, but it turns out that it converts everything
to mono. I'm currently considering the Edirol UA-4FX as it looks like it
will also offer a lot of flexibility for future digital recording.

Has anyone else done anything similar and do you have any equipment
recommendations?

Eric