[klaatumail] Re: 3:47 EST's return on vinyl

  • From: Glen Aka Barney Rubble <barneyrubble120@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 08:34:25 -0300

Hey friends, S:^)

Jaimie declared:

> I will announce the mastering guru when Terry confirms that the new 176bit
> transfer from the original, baked, analog tape master is in his hands. The
> gentleman in question worked for Mobile Fidelity back in 'the day' if that's
> any clue.

Though I LOVE "MoFi" (even recently bought a new copy of their current LP
remaster of The Cars' debut), I'm realizing I may never have noticed a
mastering engineer name on any of the releases I've bought (and I bought quite
a few!). If it doesn't work out with that mastering engineer, I made sure in my
survey response to suggest Joao Carvalho, who did EXCELLENT work on the
analog-sounding LP remaster of Gentle Giant's "Acquiring the Taste" for Whitby,
Ontario-based Classic Reissues. If 3:47 EST sounds as analog as THAT, I'll be
waxing ecstatic. And now that I see word of a 176-kHz master (hopefully either
24 or 32-bit "floating point", although 176-bit instead of 176-kHz outside of
the DSD realm might blow my mind upon first listen), I'm quite confident this
LP will sound VERY analog.

Smilin', S:^D
Glen (aka Barney Rubble)