[kismac] Re: wireless equipment

  • From: Andrew1300@xxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:48:08 EDT

     Man... whatever happened to the pringles can antenna?  I build 3 of
them and use the all the time.  The $12 pringles can antenna perform
better than the $50 directional wireless antenna I purchased at Frys
(Trendware TEW-IA06D).  =P  I admit I didn't buy the highest end antenna,
but come on now... if a pringles can can beat it, that's sad.  I admit
not all of mine do though.  Two of mine work great, one works like crap.
=P  Anyway, I can use my Airport AP from over a block away with a
pringles can pointing to it.  =P  And while "war"driving I can pick AP's
that are often two blocks behind the house I point the can at.  Are you
just too lazy to make it?  It really isn't THAT hard.  There are a good
50-60 tutorials online right now.
     I looked at that that patch antenna...  I honestly don't even want
to try it, it looks kinda sketchy.  But I'll give it a shot and test it
compared to the pringles and let you guys know how it compares.

 - Andrew