[kismac] Re: what is required to crack WPA?

  • From: <da_eternal_7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:02:54 +0200

Haven't messed about much either, i used it mainly to test my own network (god
i miss that UTP cable) and did a quick drive through of the neighbourhood
checking out their networks.
Perhaps i'm one of the few who just likes to read a ton first and then try it
out a bit.

anyway, the tables in reality are only +-36gb so that saves a bit of time :p
    From: adese < adese0@xxxxxxxxx>
    To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    > One only needs 1 handshake that indeed "can be captured". like I said
    earlier, it's captured when a client connects to an access point /
    router.

    bruteforcing with JTR could take a very long time. refer to this :
    http://lastbit.com/pswcalc.asp so you can start disappointing yourself.

    this is why you should at least try a dictionary attack with a real big
    wordlist before you try the lengthy task of bruteforcing.

    -adese

    2007/8/16, Javier Bonet < jabonet@xxxxxxxxxx>:

      How long could Jacktheripper take to crack WPA?

      Is it possible to capture a handshake, how many handshake could you
      need?