[kismac] Re: Question about multiple channels

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:52:13 +0100

Hey,

I am currently using KisMac to troubleshoot/test our wireless networks, as we roll them out - we use fixed channels to bridge connections, all using the same SSID. In KisMac, right now, we get one entry per SSID, and the channel keeps changing. I understand why this works this way, but is there a way to add an option in the preferences to show new entries for each channel that is discovered for an SSID? That way if we had a wipop with two 2-channel APs inside, we would get four entries, each with the same SSID, but monitoring the 4 separate channels independently?

this would require beacon analysis, since the 2.4 GHz channels overlap. this is also a very tricky to implement, as networks are identified by their BSSID, and this bssid would be used multiple times. i added this to the todo list, but i am afraid, that it is unlikely that i write support for this any time soon. i am currently too busy.

mick