[kismac] Re: Kernal Panics in 10.3.x -- What to do???

  • From: "Java Nut" <javanut20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:26:42 -0500

What do I do when Kismac still kernal panics in Panther, when I pass all 5 items of the diagnotic checklist?

Hi Mick and All,

With the card inserted, all five tests you list work, but I do not have a functioning KisMac with the sourceforge driver.

1. make sure /System/Library/Extensions/WirelessDriver.kext/bipatch exists on your system
2. make sure /System/Library/Extensions/WirelessDriver.kext/Contents/MacOS/WirelessDriver 's file time is the date of your kismac install
3. make sure /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache is from the date of
the install
4. make sure /System/Library/Extensions.mkext is from the date of the
install
5. make sure sudo kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver and
sudo kextload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver work

I tried these commands with no wireless card inserted and network preferences set to use Ethernet and get the following results:

root# kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver
kextunload: unload id org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver failed (result code 0xe00002c2)
root# kextload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver
root# kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver
kextunload: unload id org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver failed (result code 0xe00002c2)

you need to insert the card before this test. 0xe00002c2 means the driver is not loaded.

_________________________________________________________________ Discover the best of the best at MSN Luxury Living. http://lexus.msn.com/