[kismac] Re: Kernal Panics in 10.3.x -- What to do???

  • From: "Java Nut" <javanut20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:35:31 -0500

Hi Mick and all,

I checked the following date/times and they all looked good:

1. make sure /System/Library/Extensions/WirelessDriver.kext/bipatch
exists on your system
2. make sure /System/Library/Extensions/WirelessDriver.kext/
Contents/MacOS/WirelessDriver 's file time is the date of your kismac install
3. make sure /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache is from the date of
the install
4. make sure /System/Library/Extensions.mkext is from the date of the
install

5. make sure sudo kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver and
sudo kextload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver work

I tried these commands with no wireless card inserted and network preferences set to use Ethernet and get the following results:

root# kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver
kextunload: unload id org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver failed (result code 0xe00002c2)
root# kextload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver
root# kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver
kextunload: unload id org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver failed (result code 0xe00002c2)

if any of these fail please try the following:
1. disable the device in the network preferences and try to unload then

I removed the port added for the device and tried the kextunload again and it did not help.

2. install GTDriver and remove it again (will rebuilt your kext cache)

I am not sure what GTDriver is. Can you tell me? (The version of KisMac I am attempting to use is 0.12a production install with dmg file dated May 12, 2004.

Thanks

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/