[kismac] Re: Installation from source....

  • From: Zac White <zacw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:22:21 -0600

Hi All,

Are there instructions available for installation, once you have been able to get the Xcode project from the cvs?

I don't really know of any instructions online or anything.

Oh, and one other issue. I was pretty amazed to find that my KisMACng folder is over half a gigabyte due to some things in the build directories of those projects. I expect I could clean the projects and it would shrink, but I'm wondering if there is a setting on Xcode to make things less extravagant with disk space.

Whenever you build something with the Developer setting, it keeps caches so that you can change one value and it will take very little time to recompile. You could change the build type to "Deployment" and then the executables you produce won't be reliant on those cache files. I don't remember if Deployment also reduces the size of the caches but right after it is done building, you can move out KisMAC.app and then delete the build folder.