[kismac] Installation from source....

  • From: Rob Frohne <frohro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:38:09 -0800

Hi All,

Are there instructions available for installation, once you have been able to get the Xcode project from the cvs? I found the compile script and it works nicely. I copied the Kismac.app to my Applications folder, and then when running it I found from console messages that I needed to copy the UnitTest framework to my Library/Frameworks directory. I then found Kismac to run with the Hermes driver that I needed, but I was unable to join networks, and upon quitting I had to kextload WirelessDriver.kext myself manually. It seems that in past versions of Kismac, I didn't need to do that, so I suspect that I haven't got everything installed correctly. Does anyone have any pointers for me?

Oh, and one other issue. I was pretty amazed to find that my KisMACng folder is over half a gigabyte due to some things in the build directories of those projects. I expect I could clean the projects and it would shrink, but I'm wondering if there is a setting on Xcode to make things less extravagant with disk space.

Thanks,

Rob
--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.