[kismac] Re: Insomnia

  • From: ard jonker <ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:17:50 +0200

At 13:45 +0800 7/6/05, Robin L Darroch wrote:

I find for war-walking, a good solution is to carry my iBook under my arm, hinge up, with my finger between the lid and base to prevent it closing all the way. Have done some very successful war-walking that way.

You can cut a wedge the width of your computer plus 2 cm, cut out a 1 cm baissin in which the keyboard rests and place that between the lid and the bottom. With a pair of rubber bands you can hold everything together.
Put the energy saver to switch off the screen after 1 minute, have the processor power to 'reduced' and you are facing a 5+ hr battery life for war walking. Images are available on
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~amtha/kismac/chalkwalking/chalkwalking.html>

ard