[kismac] Re: GPS subsystem stops working

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:23:03 +0200

hi,

> I have a TripNav TN-200 GPS which connects straight into the GPS port.
> I get a location locked, set Waypoint 2, and I'm off and walking.

Roman Schlegel ran into this problem just a couple of days ago. I wrote
him to install another driver, but he did not tell me whether this was
successful. And after reading your mail I doubt it. (You have a
different GPS device)
However I could not reproduce this behavior. What happens if you click
on reset the GPS subsystem? Does this give you a lock again?

> After a certain amount of time, the GPS subsystem stops working.
> Kismac says to "See log file for more details."  I'm not sure to which
> one it's referring, but the console log says "IOConnectMapMemory
> (ipc/send) invalid destination port (10000003)"

This has nothing to do with the GPS subsystem.

mick