[karc] Re: Queens High Alt Balloon Project - web page update

  • From: "Drew" <wollina@xxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 11:24:46 -0400 (EDT)

It was a neat project and a good way for amateurs to get introduced to
students and vice versa.

Others have done it of course, http://www.sbszoo.com/bear/ and

http://morningsentinel.mainetoday.com/news/local/4529158.html and so on.

I've attached the student synopsis from their presentation.

Maybe we can make this a bit of an outreach with colleges and schools. It
would seem to be a great introduction to satellite construction and the
club already has one of the more expensive bits.

Although we seem to be keen on giving them away to other countries once
we've built them, there is a lot of Canadian history and science for
students to learn from satellites.

73 Drew