[karc] FW: Club Challenge

  • From: les lindstrom <les.lindstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 06:29:17 -0500

Received from Bob VE1RSM - club challenge.

Les This might be something of interest to your club. Our club had a Challenge
during the month of Feb.  It has not been run  for several years.  So this year
I wanted to get it back on again but this  time instead of just a CW challenge
we have made it a CW and SSB challenge and  we have two awards one for each.
The purpose is to promote on air activity on HF.   A very simple challenge,
runs for the full month and is total QSO for the  month multiplied by the DXCCs
worked during the month. The stipulation I put in this time around was that
QSOs made during either  a Contest or NET could not count with the exception
that if the DXCC is a new  multiplier then it can be used as long as you do not
work that DXCC before the  end of the month. DXCC count per band: IE working
the US on all bands would give you a  multiplier for each band.   There seems
to be some interest in this within the club so will see how it  all plays out
in the end. We have a mounted CW Key for the CW test, and I donated an old CB
mic which  a member is mounting to be used as the SSB award.  We are also
issuing  certificated to all members who submit a score. No logs required, just
a summary of DXCCs by band and Total QSOs  only.  No need to break down QSO per
band.   If you work the same station on the same band, no problem, we will
allow  that. The reason I put the No Contest or Nets in place is that I tend to
be only  member of the club that works a several contests and that might put
others at a  disadvantage.  Since I have made several hundred QSOs during some
Contests.  And there is the big ARRL CW test next week which I plan to  spend
several hours at. Bob
Les Lindstrom
VE3KFS/CIW650
Kingston