[karc] Re: Constant carrier on 147.455

  • From: "Les Lindstrom" <les.lindstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:40:21 -0400

I hear it here as well Phil
Les

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Phil Somers
  To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:47 PM
  Subject: [karc] Re: Constant carrier on 147.455

  Hello Assaf,

  I have an S-9 carrier on 147.456 USB. On FM you don't hear anything but the
carrier is still there of course. I suspect it is just one of many birdies from
various pieces of electronic gear, either in your house or in your neighbour's
house. Too many on 144-148 to even consider tracking down.

  One specific piece of gear that advertises that it has a birdie at 147.455 is
a Radio Shack Pro-2053 Desktop Scanner. But it could be almost anything.

  ... Phil VE3HST