[karc] Re: Constant carrier on 147.455

  • From: Phil Somers <pwsomers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:47:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Assaf,

I have an S-9 carrier on 147.456 USB. On FM you don't hear anything but the
carrier is still there of course. I suspect it is just one of many birdies from
various pieces of electronic gear, either in your house or in your neighbour's
house. Too many on 144-148 to even consider tracking down.

One specific piece of gear that advertises that it has a birdie at 147.455 is a
Radio Shack Pro-2053 Desktop Scanner. But it could be almost anything.

... Phil VE3HST

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8.
Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at
http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/