[karc] Club Project

  • From: Valveman <valveman_6146@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

A few months ago while at breakfast, Phil VE3HST and myself were discussing the
possibility of getting together for technical discussions related to Amateur
Radio.

The discussions would include latest technology as well a projects.

The recent discussion of non-cellphone usage in vehicles (Except for Handsfree)
started a discussion about handsfree radio operation since this will surely
affect Amateurs as well (since we do not provide any essential service).

There was mention of remotely operating a radio in a vehicle and a few
suggestions were made such as a PTT on the steering wheel as well as a few
bluetooth products presently available.

I was thinking that if a few of us got together, I bet we could come up with a
way to operate remotely while driving and be universal for all equipment.

I'm willing to get together with anyone who is interested in discussing this
topic and work toward a hardware solution.

This would be a great learning experience for everyone and a way to come up
with a solution to a problem which is quickly approaching.

If you're interested, let me know.

Robert
VE3RPF

favourite sites. Download it now