[karc] Re: APRS

  • From: "Dave Fasken" <faskend@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 11:03:03 -0400

Hi Doug;

Thanks so much for thinking of me. I have spent some time with google this
morning and actually stumbled on this site. It is still somewhat greek to me
but I think eventually I will get enough understanding to make something
work. I have seen some units that connect directly to a tnc controller to my
UV-3 without the need for a computer. Looking for something not too
expensive that I can donate to the RC model club. If I am right this would
be preferred way to go. I still have to understand what is needed on the
receive end to have a useful data display which anyone could call up on the
internet. This APRS thing is totally new to me.

Thanks again,

Dave VA3DLF