[kanchilug] Need help on Configuring OpenERP-Client

  • From: "Balakrishnan.V" <balakpm101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ILUG-C <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:59:04 +0530

Hi to all,

I Installed OpenERP-Server & OpenERP-Client with the help of
http://doc.openerp.com/v6.0/install/linux/index.html this link.
My OpenERP-Server is starting without any errors, whereas while starting the
OpenERP-client i got some errors
in Server console (i.e)

/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-server/tools/misc.py:750:
DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python
2.6
  if hasattr(e, 'message'):
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-server/tools/misc.py:751:
DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python
2.6
  return ustr(e.message)

In Client login Window, error is occured in the place of database which is
"Could not connect to Server!" Also a warning
in Client Console (i.e)

WARNING:translate:Unable to set locale en_IN.ISO8859-1

I am using pgadminIII. In the link they recommended to edit the file *
~/.openerprc*, But i don't know what changes should be
done in the place of login section to get the connection success. The link
also nothing mentioned about that, some piece of
lines in that file.

[login]
db =
login = admin
protocol = socket://
port = 8070
server = localhost

Also I tried

[login]
db = databasename
login = admin
protocol = socket://
port = 5432
server = localhost

Still the problem remains, Kindly suggest an ideas to solve this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

--
With Regards,
V. Balakrishnan.

Wanna know about Kanchi Linux User Group!!!

http://kanchilug.wordpress.com

You can surf in these too...

http://gnubala.wordpress.com/
http://1day1cmd.wordpress.com/