[kag] Re: [geoqueont] Re: Re: geoaching banned by Parks Canada

  • From: Mark Lord <mlord@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geoqueont@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:21:59 -0400

Lloyd Baker wrote:

If they remove any caches along the Canal and at Lock Stations it will take them a long time. There are MANY in Ottawa.

Once nice thing about Ottawa, is that we have an extra layer of bureaucracy that manages most of the federal properties around town.

That is the National Capital Commission (NCC).   Nearly all of the
caches here in Bytown are on NCC property, which includes Gatineau Park
as well as much of the Rideau Canal system (but not the locks),
and the Greenbelt areas.  The NCC knows about us *unofficially*,
and all parties involved would like to maintain that status quo.

So NCC spaces are unaffected (thus far) by any Parks Canada actions.

And likely to stay that way for a while, but only if the fools we have
dealing with getting us banned elsewhere somehow show enough common
sense to not bug the NCC like they did the various Parks authorities.

Sure, they mean well.  But the results are abysimal.

Please stop.
--
Mark Lord
Real-Time Remedies Inc.