[kag] Re: Great News

  • From: <Lucas.DG@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:10:57 -0400

Hlo all

I could not see the map, but it makes sense - the old railway line went down
along in front of Fort Frontenac, past city hall and the railway station (now
tourist info).

There was a small freight yard where confederation fountain is, and the tracks
carried on block D, where the Montreal Locomotive works were.  The railway
engine "Spirit of Sir John A" was built here in Kingston, at those works.

There is an excellent aerial photo of all this at Red Lobster.

Oh my God... I am such a nerd.

Dave