[KACT] scholarship

  • From: "Kelly Deters" <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:12:59 -0600

We had about 10 students submit applications for the scholarship last year
and were able to award one young lady $650 towards her future education.

Below is the info we sent out about it last year (to every KS HS).  Anybody
have any suggestions on how to do it differently or keep it the same for
this year?

Kelly

A student scholarship is being offered by the KACT members.

 Eligibility:

*         Must be a graduating senior in the state of Kansas

*         Must have completed general high school chemistry with a grade of
at least a B

*         Must be going to college (not necessarily in Kansas) to major in
one of the following: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Education
(this is not for pre-med students)

 Application Process:

In 1000 words or less, please address the following:

*       Why are you interested in chemistry?  For example: what about it
interests you; did a specific person, event, experience or class influence
your decision to study chemistry.
*       What do you hope to do with your chemistry degree?  What area of
chemistry do you hope to pursue and what do you hope to accomplish post
college?

 Answer this question in the online
<http://www.kschemteach.org/Scholarship/scholarship_application.htm>
application form.  (You may type it offline and then copy and paste it into
the form).

 Have your chemistry teacher fill out a recommendation
<http://www.kschemteach.org/Scholarship/teacher_recommendation.htm>  online
form.

 Selection Process:

A panel of KACT members from each of our 5 regions across the state will
select the awardee.