[KACT] For all of you who teach physics... SOMETHING FREE!!!!

  • From: "Cline, Brad" <bcline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 07:17:44 -0500

OK,  I know this is for physics, but since a lot of  you in KACT also
teach physics so you might be interested in this.   I have used a
program called World In Motion over the last 7 years as a part of my
modeling physics curriculum.   The program disappeared from site, but I
just found that it lives still and is now called Physics Toolkit.  It is
now available for free from the following website.
http://www.physicstoolkit.com/   This is a video analysis package that
will allow you to import digital video for analysis.  It also comes with
preloaded videos that you can analyze as well.  It is an excellent
tool... especially for showing projectile motion which is the primary
reason I use it.    It is a 430 MB download in a zipped folder.  It will
take awhile to download it and quite a bit of time to unzip it.  You
will want to burn the contents of the folder onto a CD.  The author
allows you to give copies to your students.

Brad Cline

Goddard High School