[ECP] K12 Newsletters Headlines and Resources

  • From: "K.E." <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:42:46 -0500

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
[ECP] Educational CyberPlayGround K-12 Newsletter

Located on the Blog Educational CyberPlayGround Blog:
http://blog.edu-cyberpg.com/
SIGN UP and GET POSTS DELIVERED TO YOUR EMAIL

*Subscribe to the ECP Blog Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/EducationalCyberPlayGround

*Find your School in the ECP K-12 School Directory
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/schools/

*Link to the Educational CyberPlayGround
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>

Greetings K12 Newsletter Readers,

Does this look familiar?

#theendoftheworld
#iftheworldendsonsaturday

Lot's of folks are wondering if 5/21/11 will be the end of the world. If so
then this post might be the last one you'll get from ECP.  I recommend you
party hardy tonight my friends.

best,

<Karen>

1) Totally Wild - Mexico Tribal Music and must see the BEST POINTY BOOTS ever.
True Folk Art and Fashion kicks it.
http://cyberplayground.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/tribal-music-pointy-boots/

2) Great Idea to Clean Up all the cords hanging off your desk
http://cyberplayground.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/handy-dandy-neat-and-sweet/

3) Pete Herzog, ISECOM Hacker High School it's free to learn
http://www.hackerhighschool.org

4) Europeans have it right. Ban mobile phones and wireless networks in schools
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/8514380/Ban-mobile-phones-and-wireless-networks-in-schools-say-European-leaders.html

5) Edcamp Philly is Saturday 5/21/11 the day the world is supposed to end!
http://www.edcampphilly.org/ #edcampphilly I hope you'll get a refund if it
does end.

6) SHARE THIS WITH YOUR STUDENTS ! ! !
New Ways to Exploit Raw Data the raw material of the information economy, but
the business world is just beginning to learn how to process it all. What the
College Board and ACT have done, under the radar screen of parents and
regulators, is turn the teens educational pursuits into a profit-making
opportunity. Consumer groups said that the nonprofit College Board, which owns
the SAT college admission test, and its nonprofit rival, ACT Inc., are making
money by selling personal details about teenagers.
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Teachers/test.html

7) Trash Curriculum
Maybe this curriculum is really not about trash cans and rivers, but about
democracy.  Practicing democracy is necessary, because it?s not a natural
act.It would teach other lessons as well: information is power, collaboration
produces strength, social policies have consequences, and they themselves are
not merely numbers or test scores but sentient, thinking individuals with
potential.  They matter.
http://takingnote.learningmatters.tv/?p=4992

8) Common Core State Standards: An Example of Data-less Decision Making
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/K12-Common-Core-Standards-Bankrupt-Education.html

9) Educational Children?s Games can transform our approach to those things we
know we should do. We crave, "satisfying work" that allows us to be "optimistic
about our own chances for success"; that involves "social connection"; and that
allows us to feel "curiosity, awe and wonder". ~ Jane McGonigal
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/games.html

10)  Chinese Kids or American Kids, who do you think are smarter?
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/K12-USA-or-China-Who-is-smarter.html

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
[ECP] Educational CyberPlayGround K12 Newsletters ©

Set Mailing List Preferences: Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Digest
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

Copyright statements to be included when reproducing
annotations from the Educational CyberPlayGround K-12 Newsletter

The single phrase below is the copyright notice to be used when
reproducing any portion of this report, in any format:

> EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
> http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
> Educational CyberPlayGround K-12 Newsletter copyright
> http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

Advertise K12 Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/Subguidelines.html