[ECP] Educational CyberPlayGround: K12 Newsletters

  • From: ECP ® <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 10:52:26 -0500

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
[ECP] Educational CyberPlayGround, Inc.®
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
Twitter @cyberplayground @nethappenings @K12Newsletters
Blog: http://blog.edu-cyberpg.com/

[ECP] Educational CyberPlayGround K-12 Newsletter
Subscribe / Unsubscribe
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/

Reference Directory of K-12 public, private, and charter schools in all 50
states.
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/schools/

Find Teaching Resources for Music, Teachers, Internet, Technology, Literacy, Arts and Linguistics for students, teachers, parents, and policy makers.
<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>

Dear Reader

In light of the election and in the spirit of the Holidays please find the following suggestions and resources that may be of interest to all at this time.

The January 1st upcoming 117th Mummers Parade in Philadelphia is a show by Philadelphians and for Philadelphians. For that reason, there will always be some offense. It is inevitable.
New Year and Wassail History that is closely related to the mumming traditions and the psychological perspective on Cultures of Honor.
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/Hate.html

Austria election: Holocaust survivor's appeal goes viral
'This is probably going to be my last election. I don't have much time left. '
Gertrude, 89, said Norbert Hofer's right-wing Freedom Party "brings out the basest in people", as she urged people to vote for his competitor. "I have seen this once before... and it hurts and scares me", she said, referencing anti-Semitism in the 1930s. She was deported to the Auschwitz death camp with her family aged 16. She was the only one to survive.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38133209

TEACH HISTORY THROUGH SONG
Songs Teach Respect and Tolerance
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/IEC/iecmusic.html

These Ozarks Hills
Join us for a monthly radio essay by longtime Ozarks storyteller Marideth Sisco, https://maridethsisco.com/ in which she looks at the unique traditions and traits of this region we call home.
http://ksmu.org/programs/these-ozarks-hills#stream/0

*State says literacy not a right in Detroit !!!
The state is asking U.S. District Judge Stephen Murphy III to dismiss the case, saying the U.S. Supreme Court and Michigan courts do recognize the importance of literacy, but reject claims it is a legal right. “But as important as literacy may be, the United States Supreme Court has unambiguously rejected the claim that public education is a fundamental right under the Constitution. Literacy is a component or particular outcome of education, not a right granted to individuals by the Constitution,” Haynes says.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/education/2016/11/20/state-says-literacy-right-detroit/94193032/

Driverless vehicles are going to decimate the ranks of professional drivers overnight, millions of truck drivers are going to lose their jobs, and they're never coming back. Most people don't read the NYT and most people don't care.

HELP STOP FOOD WASTE

Farmer Forced To Dump Insane Amount Of Gorgeous Cherries
“These cherries are beautiful! But we have to dump 14 percent.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tart-cherries-dumped-santucci_us_579e3689e4b0e2e15eb63527

Restaurants Officially Have No Excuse Not To Donate Leftover Food
Many restaurants say they’re scared of being sued. Here’s why that’s garbage.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/restaurants-that-dont-donate-because-of-liability-are-just-making-excuses-experts-say_us_577d6f92e4b0344d514dd20f

The oldest Living Women is 117 Years old
Ms Morano, the oldest of eight siblings, all of whom she has outlived, was born on 29 November 1899 in the northern Italian town of Verbania, Piedmont region of Italy, her home for the majority of her long life. This year, she officially became the world's oldest living woman after American Susannah Mushatt Jones died in May. She is also officially the last person still living born in the 1800s.
Raw eggs and biscuits Ms Morano's longevity, she admits, is partly down to genetics - her mother reached 91 and several sisters reached their centenary - and partly, she says, down to a rather unusual diet of three eggs - two raw - each day for more than 90 years. "Emma has always eaten very few vegetables, very little fruit. "When I met her, she ate three eggs per day, two raw in the morning and then an omelette at noon, and chicken at dinner."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38134004

Wildlife Photographer of the Year - People's Choice
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/38142080

Happy Holidays

Karen

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
[ECP] Educational CyberPlayGround K12 Newsletters ©

Set Mailing List Preferences: Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Digest
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

Copyright statements to be included when reproducing
annotations from the Educational CyberPlayGround K-12 Newsletter

The single phrase below is the copyright notice to be used when
reproducing any portion of this report, in any format:

EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
Educational CyberPlayGround K-12 Newsletter copyright
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

Advertise K12 Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/Subguidelines.html