[ECP] [EDInfo] Notices Inviting Applications (March 7, 2007)

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:00:00 -0500

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,ø¤º

Please link to the Educational CyberPlayGround
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

Add your K12 SCHOOL OR SCHOOL DISTRICT URL
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/schools/

Please Share and Add Your Song
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ncfr/

Educational CyberPlayGround K12 Newsletters Mailing List ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,ø¤º

-------- It's an A D thanks sponsors! ---------

Advertise Your Services

Educational CyberPlayGround Mailing List
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/Subguidelines.html
Helps educators make the most efficient use of your resources
Get your products or services noticed
through support of the Educational CyberPlayGround,
a clearinghouse of educational resources.

Education Vendor Directory
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/Subguidelines.html>

     Recent grant opportunities from the U.S. Department of
     Education (ED) include...

       *  Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools; Foundations for
          Learning  -- CFDA# 84.215H

       *  American Indian Tribally Controlled Colleges and
          Universities, Alaska Native-Serving Institutions, and
          Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions -- Multiple CFDA#s

       *  National Early Childhood Training Enhancement Center --
          CFDA# 84.325J

       *  Rehabilitation Continuing Education Programs -- Community
          Rehabilitation Programs -- CFDA# 84.264B

     Below are excerpts from the "notice inviting applications" for
     each grant opportunity.  For more complete information, please
     see the full notice inviting applications in the Federal
     Register.  We try to ensure that the web version and the
     Federal Register notice are the same; however, the Federal
     Register notice should be consulted for complete and
     authoritative information.

     For application packages and other information related to ED
     funding opportunities, please see:

               http://www.ed.gov/fund/landing.jhtml.

  Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools; Foundations for Learning
  (Federal Register: February 22, 2007 [CFDA# 84.215H])
Purpose of Program: This program supports projects to help eligible
children become ready for school.
    Applications Available: February 22, 2007.
    Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: April 13, 2007.
    Eligible Applicants: (1) Local educational agencies (LEAs); (2)
Local councils; (3) Community-based organizations (CBOs), including
faith-based organizations; (4) Other public or nonprofit private
entities; or (5) A combination of such entities.
    Estimated Range of Awards: $200,000-$300,000.
    Estimated Average Size of Awards: $245,500.
    Estimated Number of Awards: 4.

    Additional Information: Applicable regulations, priorities, and
other information are available in the Federal Register notice.

Additional information is available online at:
http://www.ed.gov/legislation/FedRegister/announcements/2007-1/022207b.html

  American Indian Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities,
  Alaska Native-Serving Institutions, and Native Hawaiian-Serving
  Institutions Programs (Federal Register: March 1, 2007 [CFDA#s
  84.031T, 84.031N and 84.031W])
Purpose of Program: The TCCU, AN, and NH programs provide grants to
eligible institutions of higher education to enable them to improve
their academic quality, institutional management, and fiscal
stability, and increase their self-sufficiency and strengthen their
capacity to make a substantial contribution to the higher education
resources of the Nation.
    Applications Available: March 1, 2007.
    Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: April 16, 2007.
    Eligible Applicants: Institutions of higher education (IHEs)
that qualify as eligible institutions under the American Indian
Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCU), the Alaska
Native-Serving Institutions (AN), and the Native Hawaiian-Serving
Institutions (NH) programs may apply for grants under this notice.
These programs are authorized by Title III, Part A of the Higher
Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA).  To qualify as an eligible
institution under any Title III, Part A program, an institution
must, among other requirements:  (1) Be accredited or preaccredited
by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association that
the Secretary has determined to be a reliable authority as to the
quality of education or training offered; (2) Be legally authorized
by the State in which it is located to be a junior college or to
provide an educational program for which it awards a bachelor's
degree; (3) Be designated as an "eligible institution" by
demonstrating that it: (A) Has an enrollment of needy students as
described in 34 CFR 607.3; and (B) has low average educational and
general expenditures per full-time equivalent (FTE) undergraduate
student as described in 34 CFR 607.4.

 >> Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities program (84.031T)
  -- 5-year individual development grants
    Estimated Number of Awards: 2
    Estimated Average Size of Awards: $450,000

  -- 1-year construction grants
    Estimated Number of Awards: 7
    Estimated Average Size of Awards: $1,577,000

 >> Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian programs (84.031N and
84.031W)
  -- 5-year individual development grants
    Estimated Number of Awards: 1
    Estimated Average Size of Awards: $500,000

  -- 1-year renovation grants
    Estimated Number of Awards: 4
    Estimated Average Size of Awards: $710,000

    Additional Information: Applicable regulations, priorities, and
other information are available in the Federal Register notice.

Additional information is available online at:
http://www.ed.gov/legislation/FedRegister/announcements/2007-1/030107c.html

  National Center to Enhance the Training of Personnel Who Share
  Responsibility for Improving Outcomes for Young Children With
  Disabilities (National Early Childhood Training Enhancement
  Center) (Federal Register: March 5, 2007 [CFDA# 84.325J])
Purpose of Program: The purposes of this program are to (1) help
address State-identified needs for highly qualified personnel -- in
special education, related services, early intervention, and
regular education -- to work with infants or toddlers with
disabilities, or children with disabilities; and (2) ensure that
those personnel have the skills and knowledge -- derived from
practices that have been determined through research and experience
to be successful -- that are needed to serve those children.
    Applications Available: March 5, 2007.
    Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: April 19, 2007.
    Eligible Applicants: Institutions of higher education (IHEs).
    Estimated Available Funds: The Administration has requested
$90,626,000 for the Personnel Development To Improve Services and
Results for Children with Disabilities program for FY 2007, of
which we intend to use an estimated $600,000 for the National Early
Childhood Training Enhancement Center competition.  The actual
level of funding, if any, depends on final congressional action.
However, we are inviting applications to allow enough time to
complete the grant process if Congress appropriates funds for this
program.
    Number of Awards: 1.

    Additional Information: Applicable regulations, priorities, and
other information are available in the Federal Register notice.

Additional information is available online at:
http://www.ed.gov/legislation/FedRegister/announcements/2007-1/030507a.html

  Rehabilitation Continuing Education Programs -- Community
  Rehabilitation Programs (Federal Register: March 6, 2007 [CFDA#
  84.264B])
Purpose of Program: This program is designed to support training
centers that serve either a Federal region or another geographical
area and provide for a broad integrated sequence of training
activities that focus on meeting recurrent and common training
needs of employed community rehabilitation program personnel
throughout a multi-State geographical area.
    Applications Available: March 6, 2007.
    Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: April 5, 2007.
    Eligible Applicants: States and public and nonprofit agencies
and organizations, including Indian tribes and institutions of
higher education.
    Estimated Available Funds: $1,500,000.
    Estimated Range of Awards: $475,000-$500,000.
    Estimated Average Size of Awards: $500,000.
    Estimated Number of Awards: 3.
    Additional Information: Applicable regulations, priorities, and
other information are available in the Federal Register notice.

Additional information is available online at:
http://www.ed.gov/legislation/FedRegister/announcements/2007-1/030607b.html
<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
Educational CyberPlayGround K12 Newsletters Mailing List
Set Preferences Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Digest
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

Copyright statements to be included when reproducing
annotations from the Educational CyberPlayGround K12 Newsletter

The single phrase below is the copyright notice to be used when
reproducing any portion of this report, in any format:

EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
K12 Newsletter copyright
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

Advertise K12 Newsletters http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/Subguidelines.html