[JYO] Who's in charge at the Leesburg Airport? It's a SECRET!

  • From: "Ed Levine" <FlyboyEd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " <jyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:06:05 -0500

For the past 4-5 months are the Leesburg airport commission meeting there has been an obvious power struggle for who holds the reigns between the airport commission and the Airport Administration. The decisions that are made at these meetings affect us all.  Now, and long after the people in the positions are gone.  At the suggestion of some of the pilots on my e-mail list (over 300 now), I wrote to the town manager, Robert Noe, to clear up the issue.  He declined.

He gave me the parameters in which he would disclose the answer, so I met the parameters and he declined again.  I then wrote him a third time (shown below) and for a third time he declined to tell me. His "final answer" was that if the commission saw a benefit to his coming and addressing this situation, he would do so.

Don't you want to know who makes the final decision on things that affect you at YOUR airport? I sure do.

I urge pilots to attend Airport Commission Meetings.  The next meeting is Thurdsay Night, 12/12/02, 7:30PM in the Leesburg Airport Lobby.

Ed
- - -

Subj: RE: Your Invitation to the December Airport Commission Meeting
Date: 12/10/2002 10:47:57 AM Eastern Standard Time
From: RNoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: FlyboyEd@xxxxxxx
CC: Council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMcNeeley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve_Axeman@xxxxxxx, slissner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Phil.Boyer@xxxxxxxx, stanleycaulkins@xxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Mr. Levine:  Thank you for your continuing interest in the Leesburg Executive Airport.

I understand that you addressed the issues that you raised with me at a recent Airport Commission meeting and the Commission did not take the action you requested.

In addition, since my letter to you, I have talked with Airport Commission Chair, Steve Axeman.  If the Commission sees a benefit of my attending one of its meetings, I am confident that they will invite me.

Best wishes for a Happy Holiday Season.     Bob Noe