[JYO] Fwd: Words from Jim Haynes...

  • From: FlyboyEd@xxxxxxx
  • To: jyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:01:34 EDT

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: "Ron Herold" <ronsolve@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <FlyboyEd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 09:15:29 -0400
Ed,

Its always interesting to hear Jim Haynes' perspective.
He asks one to consider the 'facts' but presents none.
What would have been much more impressive would have been numbers.

Numbers that show how many jets this will attract; where they will be
hangared; who gets that revenue and the other airplane revenue; and in
general how they pay off that $500K/year loss that the town incurs at no
expense to 'small airplanes'.  Not - how much secondary income is
generated by businesses in the town (or county) that fly their execs
in/out of JYO.

Now - that model would be really convincing.

Ron

-Ronald L. Herold, MEII
NAAA Certified Senior Aircraft Appraiser
(703) 573-2222/63 (phone/fax)
http://www.N72JP.com <http://www.n72jp.com/>
Chief.Pilot@xxxxxxxxx (e-mail)