[JA] Re: Yahoo bounce experiment

  • From: Larry Cook <lcook@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:58:32 -0400

Larry Cook wrote:
> Luckily I've got a really helpful list owner.  Here was his response:
>
>      Yep, 12 Juno folks all bounced yesterday.

> Yesterday he had told me he had 19 Juno users on the list, so I've asked him
> about the other 7.

The list owner has confirmed that the other 7 Juno users did not bounce.

> I wasn't kicked off the list or sent the "reinstate" email
> and I did receive two subsequent messages

I wasn't kicked off the list until the next day.  And the "reinstate" email
didn't arrive until 3 days later.

>      550 Access denied....[unique 6 char code]....

At this point I suspect Juno is bouncing messages because it thinks they are
spam or thinks that Yahoo is spamming.  I'm puzzled as to why only 12 of 19
Juno users bounced.  When I get bounced again, I'll look to see if I can find
anything in common between the messages that got bounced.

Larry