[JA] Problems connecting to Juno

  • From: "BVCB" <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:54:51 GMT

My sister-in-law has been having problems connecting to Juno, using Juno 5.0.
She gets a message when trying to send messages that she can not connect to
Juno.  It's not all the time, but quite frequently.  Occasionally, she has the
same problem with her ATT EMail account at SBCGlobal.Net.

For the present, she's using Web Mail for both accounts, but finds it a real
drag.

Below is the reply she received from Juno support.  Although it's possible that
the program could have been corrupted, since she is also having occasional
problems connecting to her ATT Email account, I wonder if it couldn't be
something like the DSL modem mal functioning?

I'm not using Juno 5.0.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Meanwhile, Happy New Year to all.

 Remember that I told you I was having trouble with Juno?  This is the reply I
received from Juno.  When you have time, would you review this and let me know
if you agree with the tech.  I am running Juno 5.0 now, does it pay to upgrade
to Juno 5.49?  I have a headache just reading the instructions.  Anyway, I will
not attempt to do this soon.
Thanks, Faye
The subject line of this message contains important tracking information. Do
not modify the subject line if you reply to this e-mail. For any new problem or
inquiry that you may have, please create a Personal Assistance Ticket (PAT) on
our Web site.

Dear Frances,

Thanks for writing to Juno email support.

In order to resolve the issue, please uninstall and reinstall Juno software
with the latest version Juno 5.49.

I've attached some text from our support database that will guide you through a
fresh installation of the Juno software.

You should first download a copy of the latest version of Juno before you
uninstall Juno from your computer. If you already have a copy, please skip to
Install the latest version of Juno, below

To obtain Juno 5.0 software, you can follow the instructions in any one of the
options listed below:  (I have a disc of J 5.0)

A) You can download a free copy at

1.    http://dl.juno.com/pub/juno/default_free/junoinst.exe
2.    Click on "Save" on the File Download window.
3.    You will be asked to choose a directory in which to save the file. Select
"Desktop" from the drop down menu, select "Desktop."
4.    After the download is complete, double-click the file and follow the
on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

To locate the downloaded Juno Installer file:

1.    Click the Windows "Start" button, point to "Find" and select "Files or
Folders."
[Windows XP: Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Control Panel"]
2.    In the "Named or Search for files or folders" field, type: junoinst.exe
3.    Ensure that the "Look in" field indicates "My Computer"
4.    Click the "Find now or Search now" button.
5.    When you see the junoinst.exe file, double-click it to start the
installation process.

B) You can order a Juno Internet CD (shipped only to US addresses).
What is a Juno Internet CD?  If you choose this option, please try one of the
following:

    1)   You can call 1-888-839-5866, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Please allow 15 business days for delivery.

    2)   You can fill an order form at http://account.juno.com/s/cdorder

A.    BACK UP ACCOUNT SPECIFIC INFORMATION:

To back up your email folders and Address Book in Juno 5.0:

1.    Exit Juno. (You cannot back up or restore any information when Juno is
open.)
2.    Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Programs." If you have
Windows XP, click "Start" and then select "All Programs."
3.    Now, select "Juno" and click "Juno Backup Wizard" to start the Juno
Backup Wizard.
4.    In the "Welcome to the Juno Backup Wizard" window that appears, click the
"Back Up" button.
5.    In the "Backup" screen, if more than one copy of Juno is installed on
your computer, select the copy that contains the email messages and folders you
want to back up and click "Next."
6.    Select the username for the account that contains the information you
want to back up and click "Next."
7.    Select the check box next to "Email messages and folders," "Address
Book," and any other information that you want to back up and then click "Next."
8.    Click the option for where you want to save the backup file and then
click "Next" to create it.

Please note the name of the backup file, where you saved it, what it contains,
and click "Finish" to exit the wizard. It is important that you remember where
you saved the Juno backup file because you must specify this location if you
want to restore this information.

B.    UNINSTALL JUNO

1.    Exit Juno.
2.    Click the Windows "Start" button, select "Settings" and then click
"Control Panel."
( Windows XP:  Click "Start" and then select "Control Panel.")
3.    In the "Control Panel" window that appears, double-click the "Add/Remove
Programs" icon.
4.    In the "Add/Remove Programs Properties" dialog box click on the
"Install/Uninstall" tab, select "Juno" and then click the "Add/Remove" button.
In you have Windows XP, select "Juno" and then click  "Change/Remove" button.
5.    In the dialog box that appears, click "Yes." Juno will be uninstalled.
6.    Click "OK" to close the "Add/Remove Programs Properties" dialog box. In
Windows XP, click "OK" to close the "Add or Remove Programs" window.
7.    If you're prompted to restart your computer, click "Yes."

C.    REINSTALL JUNO

Please follow the step-by-step instructions for installing Juno from the CD-ROM.

1.    Close all programs and insert the Juno software CD into the CD drive.
2.    If autorun is functioning the "Installation Wizard" will automatically
start. Otherwise, double-click the "My Computer" icon on your desktop; click
"Juno" and then click "SETUP.EXE."
3.    The options are: "Install Juno," "Install Web Browser Only," or "Exit."
Click "Install Juno."
4.    You will then be asked to specify a directory in which to install Juno.
The default directory is C:\PROGAM FILES\JUNO. If you use a different directory
for Juno, change the install directory accordingly. Click "Next."
5.    Juno software will now be installed on the computer, overwriting any
previous version of Juno in the installation directory.
6.    The next option will be to "Install Internet Explorer" or "Don't Install
Browser." If you already have a browser (or do not want to install one) click
the "Don't Install Browser" button. Otherwise, click the "Internet Explorer"
button and follow the browser installation procedure.
7.    You will then be asked if you want to start Juno. Click "OK."
8.    If you installed this version over an older version of Juno, your
username should be present. If this is a clean installation you will have to
create an account or import your account.

To Import your account:

1.    When you see the "Welcome to Juno" screen (the screen where you select an
account and enter a password), click on "Import Account."
2.    In the "Getting started" screen, check the "Yes, I accept the terms of
the Juno Service Agreement" option and click "Next."
3.    Fill out your Name and Address and click "Next."
4.    On the "Import Account: Email and Password" screen, fill out the
information for your Juno account and click the "Import Account" tab.

D.    RESTORE USER INFORMATION

Restoring user information on Juno version 5.0:

To restore your User information on Juno, just run the Juno Backup Wizard
again. But this time select "Restore" instead of "Back Up," and follow the
instructions below:

1.    Choose the location of the User information that was just backed up, and
then click "Next."
2.    Select the copy of Juno in which you want to insert the backed up data,
and click "Next."
3.    Select the accounts into which you would want to insert the back up (to
select multiple accounts hold down the "Ctrl" or "Shift" key while clicking
with the mouse).
4.    You can restore any/all of the following:

(a) "Email messages and folders."
(b) "Address Book."
(c) "Preferences."
(d) "Custom spell check dictionary."
(e) "External Email settings."

5.    If you don't want to restore the same information for all the accounts,
clear the check box next to "Restore the same data for each subsequent user."
6.    Click "Next."
7.    Once the restoration is complete, click "Finish."

I hope this addresses your concern.

Thanks for using Juno!

Sincerely,

Andrew Joe
Juno Member Services
http://www.juno.com/support

>Date: 12/24/2009
>Time: 06:50 PM PT
>Group : Technical Support
>Product : Juno Internet (dialup)
>Category : Connection Issue
>OS : Windows XP
>Browser : Other Browser
>Email Program : Other Email Program
>Firewall : McAfee Personal Firewall
>Error Message :
>Description : I often get the message that Juno is not responding when I log
>on.  I then have to get my mail through a web site.  This has happened so
>frequently it has become bothersome.  What is happening?  What can I do to
>correct this?

----Replied Message----

Nutrition