[JA] Re: Netscape as default browser

  • From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:30:27 -0700

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 geoffrey l wilson <glw4-accmail@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>... I copied all her files from the old hard drive into a special
>folder in the new one.  Then I copied the complete Juno folder
>into the new working Program Files folder.  This works.

Hi Geoffrey, and All,

It may work, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's "registered"
correctly.  You may need to reinstall version 4 THEN copy in the saved
User directories in order for all aspects of Juno to work correctly.

>However, Netscape no longer comes up as her default browser.
>How can I change to Netscape (now version 6.2) rather than IE?.

Rather than copy the rather lengthy process that may be required into
this e-mail, use the Juno software's Help.  Search for *browser* ...
you'll only see a couple entries available and while I can't remember the
name of the exact Help page to display you'll spot it easily (It's
something like "Change the default browser" :)   It gives you the
step-by-step procedure to follow to add/change to either Internet
Explorer or Netscape.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.