[JA] Re: Juno and POP3

  • From: "Matt Bahls" <downloader5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:34:38 -0600

>> Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:45:31 -0700
>> Subject: [JA] Juno and Pop 3
>> From: Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
>
>BB> Can you use Juno with Pop 3 with v.4, or must you have v.5?
>
>No, and no.  If you are to use Juno's software with Juno's POP3 service,
>you need Juno version 6, a slightly modified version of NetZero's
>program.

Actually, I think the answer is yes.  As a matter of fact, I don't even think
you technically need any Juno software to use POP3, other than to get your
account set up initially.  I have V5 on my computer and have been happily using
POP3 for the last several weeks.  I don't even remember when the last time I
opened up the Juno program.

>BB> If you use Pop 3, do you do so with Outlook Express instead of the
>> Juno software?
>
>Yes.  Or other POP3 software such as Netscape Mail or Eudora.

I personally use FoxMail with no problems whatsoever.

If you have any questions about setting up your e-mail client to work with
Juno, just ask.  If I don't know the answer, I'm sure somebody else will.  I
did have problems at first, but with a little troubleshooting, I have it
working perfectly.

Matt