[JA] Re: Had to reinstall Juno...

  • From: George Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:14:59 GMT

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 nolte5k@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>And now I can't figure out how to get my folders back.
>Before uninstalling Juno, I copied all my user folders
>and then while uninstalling, it also asked if I wanted
>to make a back up of my files.... so I did.

Hi Kay, and All,

Don't ever remember being asked by Juno if I wanted to back up my files during
an uninstall... what operating system are you running?  Any special uninstall
type software?

>I have since reinstalled Juno, and it is now upgraded
>from 3.0 up to 4 build 11.  What do I do with the backup
>file?

Don't have the slightest really, as I don't think Juno is the software
responsible for directing the creation of the backup files.

>Or, how do I get my folders back from the copies I made?

This is a little easier...  you simply go into your Juno account and use
*File/Import Folder* from the menu bar, pointing to your copied folders when
the dialog box opens.  They're the .frm files that you'll see in the folder(s)
where you put your copies.  You'll want to be careful about matching up the
right folders with the right user accounts if you have more than one account,
but nothing serious will happen if you mix them up during Importing.  Only that
you'll want to delete the wrong ones and go back and reimport the right ones.

>I'm mostly worried about my accounts folder....

Not quite sure what you mean by the "accounts folder", but if you mean the
master list of your Juno accounts, like nolte5k@xxxxxxxx and others, this has
already been done for you.  This juno.ini file located in the Windows folder is
not uninstalled during the uninstall process.  Which makes it handy when you
reinstall as it is simply used by the new installation.  And as you've already
connected to Juno and received an upgrade, that part must have worked.  You
should be able to see all your accounts in the drop-down box on the initial
account/password Welcome to Juno screen when you go to open Juno.

If you mean the accounts folder as in just another personal folder, well, you
should be able to find it just as easily as others during the *File/Import
Folder* process.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.