[juneau-lug] Re: login time quota script

  • From: Jamie <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:19:01 -0900

No, no, no - not even close to geeky. ;-)

Actually our problem there is starting and stopping and being
interrupted.  And 2 kids and 1 kitchen timer. And we are busy and don't
always note their start time.

My first thought was a cron job that refreshes their allocation at
midnight.  Say put 60 minutes into ~.timekeeper.  Then check that at
logon time and again every minute while they are logged on and force a
logoff when it gets to 0.  Is there a semi-graceful way to force a logoff?

But then I wondered hasn't someone already done this?  It would seem to
be an old task.  Hence my posting to the list.

Thanks for your comeback.
-Jamie

--
Browns Homepage (new pics 27 Oct 2005) http://jdb.homelinux.net