[jsonar] Re: Virtual instruments

  • From: "Roger Alexanderson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "roger77swe@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: jsonar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 10:25:17 +0100

hi! i'm using sylenth-1 and it works fien most of the time, except when i want to move around in synthrack view i don't know what's wrong but i can move around elsewhere but not in the synth rack view but i have been able to before......

On 12/08/2014 08:09 AM, Yamuna Jivana dasa wrote:
Hi,
I'm using Steinburg Hypersonic synth, and it works beautifully. I can even change the instrument bank and patch from within Sonar itself and the synth will happily tag along. The sounds could not be more realistic either, and I love the over-all sound engine or whatever it is that makes their sounds come out just right. Of course there's always a need for compressors, EQ Etc for each song, but the general way things sound to my ears for a start is very nice. Ok, I have not yet played with direct tweeking of the soft synth parameters directly, usually because i can change bank and patch within Sonar itself! so I don't know about the finer details of parameters control Etc. Does anyone know if HSC sets were created for hypersonic?

Kind regards,

Yamuna Jivana dasa

-----Original Message----- From: Christian
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2014 4:36 PM
To: jsonar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jsonar] Virtual instruments

Hello,
I'm looking for good quality, Jaws-friendly virtual synths to play
commonly used instruments with the keyboard. In particular, I would like
synths to simulate in a realistic way piano, organs, guitar, bass, drums.
I downloaded a demo of the Native Instruments collection, the Komplete
bundle, but I found it completely unusable; I had more success with the
PlugSound bundle, but I don't like those sounds because they are not
realistic.
Some people told me to try Tascam GigaStudio, but it's not developed any
more.
I'm using Jaws 14 with Sonar 8 and JSonar 8.53
Can someone give me suggestions of something else to try or tell me how
to make this Native Instrument thing work properly?
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Christian