[jjr69]

  • From: <viet.be@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <salonmixte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:42:13 -0800

Hey Dung,

I am Bac Ky`, and for sure can eat duck jello.  Not just eat it, but I can
slurp it down.   By the way, I have eaten most of the delicacies that you guys
were served in ClubMed.

Le, like Dat I appreciate the reasonable tone that you continue to bring to the
debate/discussion.

Dat, I understand and agree with most of what you said/wrote.

Van, I understand your feelings about war/violence/peace, etc... From my
personal experience(s), it only bothers me when someone, even MLK, refers to
the VN war with derogative/demeaning attributes.

To all, let's wrap it up.   It has been a good discussion.

Now, back to Angelique, where were we??????????????

Your Chief Chaperone to the Crazy Horse Saloon,

Viet.

> From: Dung Luu <dungluu101@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2003/01/16 Thu AM 09:48:11 PST
> To: jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [jjr69] Re: Martin Luther King's Opposition to the War on Iraq
>

> To wrap up the "debate" on this issue of MLK/Vietnam,
>  Toi thay the arguments cua Van, Viet, Dat va`...ca'c
> ban khac deu co ly'...cua ho. Su suy nghi~ phai
> no'i...mot pha^`n (kho^ng  nho?) phat xuat tu personal
> insight(or not), involvement (or not) in the Vietnam
> war.
>   I was "in" (both war and clubmed), needless to say,
> you know what side i'm with in this debate ...and I
> don't want to say it...ne^'u kho^ng con nha` Tu`ng lai
> noi toi...ve hu`a! But I must say that I particularly
> like Viet say on... side effect! Ironique but....good,
> neu khong gio nay con ca'i mi`nh dang la`...cha'u
> ngoan Bac Ho!
>   Viet, xin chia buon cung ban ve su hy sinh cua Bac
> trong cuoc chien tranh bao ve tu do cho To^? Quo^'c
> VietNam. Neu duoc, ban co the goi den Uy Ban Xay Dung
> Tuong Dai info ve Bac de duoc cho vao  virtual library
> cua Memorial. Ban email den cho toi cung duoc.
>
> Hey Viet...can you eat Duck Jello? Van can!
>
> Du~ng
>

> --- viet.be@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Dat,
> >
> > Just one more thought, since you mentioned the side
> > effect of the VN/Cambodia event:
> > One of the side effects of the Mission Civilisatrice
> > is that we both went to French schools.  One of the
> > side effects of the White Man's Burden policy is
> > that we both are sitting in America discussing this
> > in English.
> >
> > Are these good side effects of bad policies of
> > interventions?
> >

> > > From: Dat Duthinh <dduthinh@xxxxxxxx>
> > > Date: 2003/01/16 Thu AM 06:34:04 PST
> > > To: jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Subject: [jjr69] Martin Luther King's Opposition
> > to the War on Iraq
> > >

> > > So the Americans would defend freedom and the
> > Iraquis would fight against
> > > invasion,  both very valid reasons.  Both sides
> > are right, and  people
> > > die.  The defense of freedom sounds so lofty it
> > reminds me of the Mission
> > > Civilisatrice and the White Man's Burden.
> > >
> > > I see only one reason for foreign military
> > intervention:  the prevention of
> > > genocide.  Rwanda, Bosnia , Kosovo, Cambodia.
> > Now, countries also use that
> > > excuse when their real reason is more
> > imperialistic, as for VN in Cambodia,
> > > even though the side effect was very good.

> > conflicts, and in the Iraq
> > guise of protecting the
> > inevitable, even
> > at any cost.  For example,

> [...]