[jhb] Re: Update

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 04:38:57 +0100

I know our older members will be familiar with the discussions of
peer-to-peer networking we've had in the past; I suspect the non-appearing
aircraft is likely to be because of bandwidth and peer-to-peer stability
issues.  This would especially true for Dave.

May I remind you that limiting your frame rate means less data transfers and
hence more stability even though for some it is against perceived wisdom to
get the best frame rates in FSX or so I understand. For FS9, limiting frame
rates is positively encouraged to get the best visual performance.

It might also be worth looking at the Multiplayer tab of the IVAP config
screen:  If you're having difficulties with other aircraft only being seen
intermittantly try disabling the P2P tick box and relying on server data
only for traffic.  That may well see your issues abate as you get the
traffic from the pooled data on the servers rather than direct from each of
the other pilots within range via peer-2-peer.

Just my two-penneth.

Paul