[jhb] Re: Ronaldsway

  • From: "Frank Fisher" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:34:04 -0000

Out with the old, and in with the new.
Ain't progress great!!
Keep those piccies coming.

Frank

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Fossil
  To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2011 7:38 PM
  Subject: [jhb] Ronaldsway

  I've just come back from a nice walk around the new runway extension at
Ronaldsway. There is a very pleasant footpath right round it - luckily at the
top of the coastal reconstruction rather than bottom so you can see the new
runway. If it hadn't been dusk it would have been ideal for photographs.

  The airfield is so different now it's hard to recognise some of it. I noticed
that the original Manx Flyers hangar has now gone and with the demolition of
Hangar 1 some time ago it means the original WW2 buildings are rapidly
disappearing. Sadly the control tower is now about half demolished and I guess
it won't be long before all trace of it is removed.

  South of the main apron the grass has been removed to a significant depth but
footings for the new executive terminal, hangar and taxiways are under way. I'd
guess actual construction may start about January.

  http://woodair.net