[jhb] Re: IVAO flight reporting

  • From: Chris Prophet <chrism.prophet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 02:33:26 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

  Rgr i will try and find out how it works

  Cougarvirtual use it. u fly ur route with ur VA ID EG JHB209 then the system
auto reports ur flight and details to the VA system and it logs ur hours and
flight details auto for you

bones <bones@xxxxxxx> wrote:
      No - I've not heard of it at all.

  I don't know how this works as I cannot see how it can tell the difference
between someone flying and someone just logged in to test the system - or as a
controller. It may be taking the basic data from the flight plan somehow but I
can't see how it would work out the times of the flight..

  When you file a PIREP I can check this against the time IVAO says you have
been logged on - this system seems to verify the authenticity of reports. The
bad news is that if there is a server break during a flight the authenticity
check fails and I have then to manually approve the flight.