[jhb] Re: Flying tonight

  • From: "Frank Fisher" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 13:50:17 -0000

Fred
Sorry about your crash problems.
I have one of my own.
Shortly after takeoff, I noticed that FSX seemed to be sluggish, but not having
used it very much this year I pressed on.
After your second crash, it seemed to be even more sluggish.
Around 10pm Plan-G said that I was 10 minutes from Islay.
I landed at 10:55pm, 45 minutes later.
Just as I landed, I suddenly twigged what was going on, yes, you guessed it,
the simulation rate was on SLOWEST!!!!
Somehow at some point, I must have hit a key or key combination that switched
it down from normal.
Needless to say I will not be submitting a PIREP for this.
In all my years of Fsimming, this had never happened to me.
I think I will stick to X-Plane for now on.
A much smoother and more realistic flight sim.
I am now off for a weeks R&R.

Frank F