[jhb] Re: Flying tonight

  • From: Fred Stopforth <fredstopforth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:40:38 +0000

 Hi Paul, I  Did a test flight in the Islander later and managed to do EGNS to
EGPI via wfr, cbl . Boy it was a hard flight, VFR to 3000/4000ft should have
been lower or not flown. Hit some up currents and some low clouds before Islay
and leaning was an up and down affair. Worn out needed some whisky to recover.
Fred

From: paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jhb] Re: Flying tonight
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 12:44:21 +0000

Message

Was
around all yesterday expecting your call,  I guess you were busy
elsewhere.  I'll be around this afternoon but this evening I have to
accompany TJ to one of those infernal annual gatherings where you're
supposed to be enjoying yourself with people you would normally choose to
avoid socially. Bah humbug and all that. PM me with a
time you'll be around.

Paul

  From: ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jhb] Re:
  Flying tonight
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 13:50:17 +0000

  Fred
  Sorry about your crash problems.
  I have one of my own.
  Shortly after takeoff, I noticed that FSX seemed
  to be sluggish, but not having used it very much this year I pressed
  on.
  After your second crash, it seemed to be even
  more sluggish.
  Around 10pm Plan-G said that I was 10 minutes
  from Islay.
  I landed at 10:55pm, 45 minutes
  later.
  Just as I landed, I suddenly twigged what was
  going on, yes, you guessed it, the simulation rate was on
  SLOWEST!!!!
  Somehow at some point, I must have hit a key or
  key combination that switched it down from normal.
  Needless to say I will not be submitting a PIREP
  for this.
  In all my years of Fsimming, this had never
  happened to me.
  I think I will stick to X-Plane for now
  on.
  A much smoother and more realistic flight
  sim.
  I am now off for a weeks R&R.

  Frank F

  No virus found in this
  message.
  Database: 4235/8740 - Release Date: 12/15/14