[jhb] Farmstrip Campaigns

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 19:58:53 +0100

I've just landed at Binstead..... Well, slightly embarassing, I thought I had but found I'd mistaken a mown strip in the next field, to the West. Anyway, without disturbing the Abbot too much, I got out again smartly and did a neighbour annoying circuit, over the Solent, to land on the real rwy18. When you do eventually spot it it's challengingly short, you have to approach from the right of the centreline, to avoid the trees; oh, and the hangar and apron are tucked in, behind the trees, on the Eastern side of the threshold.. Having said that, it's extremely satifying.

Anyone else made it yet?
It's quiet in that area, on IVAO, at the moment. A bit further South and the Jersey controller is having a dig at traffic not contacting him, in a controlled zone.