[jhb] Re: FAO Gerry - FSX Farmstrips

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 17:40:48 -0000

Your answer is not straight forward.

When updating the farms Gerry incorporated within them some of the trees
from Earthsims Treescapes as well as some specially created third party
static objects for which permission was given to distribute to JHB members.
They were made available to JHB members via a direct download from his site
at the time.  I also added a few of my own:

Abergavenny
Bentley Farm (Coal Aston)
East Leys Farm (Bridlington),
Hollym (near Hornsea on the east coast),
Kemeys Commander,
North Reston,
Thorne
Stanton

Again, these were circulated to JHB members only mainly because I didn't
want the hassle of customer support were anyone to have issues using them,
an issue Gerry had encountered with users of his strips when the FSX serial
patches were released because of the transparency issue.

A few years ago I helped Mick Stacey (another JHB member but not on the
e-mail list) set up FSX, Gen-X scenery and Treescapes while screensharing on
Skype but installing the farmstrips would have required several hours. To
simplify matters I created two self installers one each of my Farmstrips and
Static Objects folders.  I then uploaded them to a now lapsed web server I
kept and sent him the links which he then used.

As the installers are automated versions of Gerry and my own farms together
with additional Static Objects I had they contain some copyrighted material
which cannot be made generally available.  I know Gerry had permission to
distribute the specially created static objects to JHB members but there is
also the use of the Earthsim trees which anyone with Treescapes already has
a licence to use (through their purchase of Treescapes).  As such both
installers contain copyrighted material which cannot be made generally
available. Hence when asked by Phil I restricted the distribution to
individual requests from JHB members.

Paul