[jhb] Emergency In Ward Ten

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:38:21 +0000

I mentioned Virus attacks this morning, after which I set Avast to seek and destroy. It found a Trojan Horse type in the Windows associated locations and I accepted Delete. That was the last I saw of Windows! Windows now fails to boot, with an error message about missing Wininit.dll. I've tried booting with the Windows XP Home Edition CD, after setting BIOS to look for bootup in the CD drive, but that produces the same error message. I've managed to access Thunderbird via the Task Manager, to get in touch with what masquerades as the living world.

Any suggestions much appreciated.