[jhb] Re: Anisotropic Filtering Problem

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:41:19 +0100

Sorry Gerry, I meant to reply to this earlier.

I have my frame rate locked at 20fps and it's remained stable for me.

Though asking the graphics card to do more work, which is what you are doing
by using 16x as apposed to 8 or even 4x AS is bound to have an impact.  How
big an impact is the important factor because I've locked my frame rates low
I've noticed no difference.

I have made a deliberate choice to keep frame rates down, it means constant
steady detail instead of autogen popping up etc.  The downside being control
inputs are manageanble but not as smooth.

Trying it with unlocked frame rates and I've no perceptable difference.

Paul