[jhb] Re: ATC Positions

  • From: Kev Townsend <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:31:54 +0100

This is the same as Manston.

I was flying in there in a Robin 3000 about 8 years back, set my self up over the caravan park (VRP) all looked great........ Took 20 minutes to reach the threshold haha I pulled up and vacated almost before the numbers.
The taxi to the GA office was almost the complete length of the runway.
We saw his and hers jet provost side by side (I think they were the then airfield owners aircraft).
We wanted to look around the museum, and were offered a taxi!
I said we were happy to walk round, at which point I was asked for an overnight fee in addition to the landing. I was flabbergasted! Apparently this was standard there if you stay for over 4 hours. I refused and then argued the landing fee as I'd only used 10% of the runway I was only willing to pay 10% of the landing fee! Obviously unhappy we left and enjoyed the rest of the day touring Lydd, Lashenden (Headcorn) and Biggin.

Best wishes to all

Kev T