RE: using bookkeeping program CashManager with Jaws? - QuickBooks Not Accessible

  • From: "Richard B. McDonald" <richardbmcdonald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 09:41:29 -0700

In fact, not only have I spoken with him, I have spent ~$200 purchasing the
software and evaluating it myself.  The User to whom you refer (a) uses only
a very narrow portion of QB and (b) even that portion he has had to
customize in Jaws to work adequately.  Moreover, regarding QB, I am familiar
with its and Jaws' own settings; and tweaked all those in my evaluation of
QB - all to little avail.  Absent massive, hardcore Jaws scripting QB is not
accessible.

Worse about QB, it (and all its lesser and greater variants) subject the
user to constant advertising, operates very poorly generally due to its
"blotiness" and compels the user to upgrade every couple of years; thereby
breaking experience learned, all Jaws customizations and any Jaws scripts.

In my humble opinion, QB is the lousiest of dozens of accounting
applications I have recently evaluated for their degree of accessibility.

Rich