Re: uploading

  • From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:51:48 -0600

Hi,

No, there really isn't anything you can do to improve the maximum upload speed
of your current internet connection.  As a rule, uploads speeds are always
slower than download speeds, even if you have a high-speed connection.  There
are some things you can do to help attain whatever maximum you're already
capable of like shutting down other programs that are using up bandwidth, but
that's about it.  Of course, you can always contact your internet provider to
see if they offer a faster broadband connection.  I have standard DSL but my
internet provider also has a Pro DSL service which offers even faster download
and upload speeds but it does cost a little more.

Michael