two questions re: JAWS and the internet

  • From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS users list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:37:24 -0700

Hi:

a couple of questions:
1. the option in the verbosity options tree view auto forms mode
enabled/disabled, what is that? I thought that maybe it would solve my problem
of forms mode turning itself off when I'm composing messages or writing on the
walls, particularly I've noticed this in facebook. I thought that this feature
might disable forms mode from automatically turning off, but that didn't work.
2. I remember hearing somewhere that you could stop JAWS from reading webpages
automatically. I find this useful when looking at new sites but don't need it
for ones that I am familiar with. and i know the obvious,pressing control. but
I got a bug in my ear that you could now get JAWS to not read the page when it
first loaded to allow for quicker navigation. Does anyone know if this is
possible and how it can be enabled for certain sites?

Patricia