trying to start Jaws 8

  • From: "Troy Burnham" <homerun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:26:09 -0500

Hello All,
I have Jaws versions 6.2, 7.1, and 8.0 on my computer and right now I am
trying to get Jaws 8 started but every time I try Jaws 6.2 comes up instead.

I'm doing this without sighted help, and I can't seem to get a hot key set
for Jaws 8 so I have just written to fs for help on that, but I don't keep
Jaws on my desktop so I go to start, then to programs, then I hit j 3 times
since I have 3 versions of Jaws and they are sorted from earliest to latest
version, then I right arrow once and hit j.  This should start Jaws 8, and
in fact when I go to start and programs then hit the letter j 3 times with
Jaws still running I land on the Jaws 8 submenu, but with no Jaws if I then
right arrow into that submenu and hit letter j Jaws 6.2 comes up and not
8.0.  Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks.
Troy