Re: transferring place markers from Jaws 6 to Jaws 7

  • From: "Troy Burnham" <tburnham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 10:20:32 -0500

Thanks Brian, I'll just reset them.
Troy

----- Original Message -----
From: "brian hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: transferring place markers from Jaws 6 to Jaws 7

Hi

This has to do with the way jaws 6.10 and I think 6.20 named some of its
place markers.  Depending upon how you visited the site and consequently set
the place marker will depend upon how the file was created.

As of jaws 7.0, what happens is that the file is always created with the
file web page name, irrespective of how you go there so it is much more
reliable, for example www.google.com.PMI

This can have an effect on previous place marker files being compatible with
jaws 7.0.  In short, if the file was incorrectly titled, in other words if
it does not have the full web site address as a prefix to the PMI extension,
then jaws will not associate the file with the web site which has been
browsed to and consequently no settings will be in place.

Some place markers will work, some may not. One thing you could try, and I
have not tested this,  is to locate the individual place marker files, then
renaming them for the correct site name.  If this does not work, you will
have to reset the place markers.

 Brian Hartgen
E-MAIL:  brian@xxxxxxxxxxx
MSN:  brian@xxxxxxxxxxx